Saturday, March 12, 2011

RSS

I LOVE LOVE Google Reader!  I started using it a couple months ago to keep track of all the blogs I like. 
I have about 63 subscriptions so far.  Some are teen lit and library blogs, most are crafty/decor/fashion/recipes/etc blogs :)

I did add the New York Times Home Page for the United States to my subscriptions and the Yahoo Movies Coming Soon RSS feed.  I also added the RSS feed of the latest news from the Library of Congress.

I think using Google Reader is SO much better and easier than having to go to every individual website and blog that I like.  I love that I can scroll through just the newest updates to my favorite blogs and websites.  Google Reader is definitely a part of my lifelong learning toolkit.  My only problem with Google Reader is I am becoming addicted to it!  I add new subscriptions everyday!  I'm afraid I have too many...it takes me like half an hour just to view all the updates everyday :)  But it would take so much longer to have to go to every individual website so I LOVE it!  I added Google Reader to my iGoogle too.  I forgot how much I like iGoogle too, I haven't used it in awhile, its like a one stop shop for everything.
OMG, I just added the Staff Picks bundle on my Google Reader and now my unread items went to 183, oh dear...

No comments:

Post a Comment