Saturday, March 12, 2011

Thing #15: Finding and embedding online video:
Well, I really wanted to embed this other video showing how to make duct tape roses but the creators of that video requested the embed option be disabled, poo...so instead here is a video for picking flowers out, don't ask why I chose it, I find it interesting...



I really wanted to post that Charlie Sheen cooking tips but I can't find a video to embed...HAHA, I found it! I cannot help but be mesmerized over the train wreck that is Charlie Sheen...his fingertips radiate sunshine...he says that I swear...watch, he does...


Thing #16: Exploring NetLibrary
Five Little Peppers and How They Grew by Margaret Sidney
8 hours and 42 minutes

Thing #17: Browsing the podcast universe

I think I am in love with podcasts now...I've known about them for a long while and I even used them during college to listen to lectures and so forth but I haven't listened to any recently until now and of course now I am obsessed. I subscribed to the Dealista RSS feed on the Quick and Dirty Tips. I also subscribed to the Merriam Webster's Word of the Day podcast RSS feed and the Storynory RSS feed. I love all thing BBC and anytime I can listen to someone talk on and on with a British accent, or any accent for that matter, holy cow...so of course I LOVE the BBC podcast website. I listened to the BBC World Service News Hour. Well, I didn't listen to the whole 49 minutes but for some reason anything I listen to from the BBC is so damn soothing. It can be about the world wide recession, trouble in Libya, tsunamis in Japan, royal weddings, who knows, it doesn't matter, it completely soothes my nerves and worries and any anxiety I am feeling. I think this will be one of my new favorite websites. I just added a BBC news app to my iPhone and several of the BBC RSS feeds to my Google Reader :)
I listened to a podcast by Dealista (on the Quick and Dirty Tips) on how to get the best deals at Target. I thought it would be interesting because I shop at Target at lot. It was a very helpful podcast! I learned that on Mondays Target marks down electronics, kid’s clothing, and stationery. On Tuesdays its domestics, women’s clothing, pet supplies, and food. Wednesdays is when the men’s clothing, toys, lawn & garden, and health & beauty items are clearanced out, Thursday sale items usually include housewares, lingerie, sporting goods, shoes, music/movies/books, décor, and luggage and on Fridays automotive items, cosmetics, hardware, and jewelry. Like I said earlier I added the Dealista to my RSS feeds on my Google Reader.

I also like the LearnOutLoud podcast website. I listened to a bit of the Art History podcast and the Classical Mythology podcast, very educational and interesting. The Podomatic, Podcast Alley and Podcast.com websites kind of made my head hurt. I want to look through them more but there is so much to choose from and look at I don't know where to start! I kind of feel after this and the RSS thing I am nearing information overload...

1 comment:

  1. You found Target tips while doing 23 things?
    So awesome!!

    ReplyDelete