Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Google is taking over the world...

LFPL's 23 things....

Out of all the Google services listed I find the Google Docs and Google Maps the most useful personally.  I already use Google maps to to get directions and also when I was looking for an apartment I liked how I could use the street view to see what surrounded the apt/house.  I also LOVE LOVE the new Google Art Project :)
I used to use Google Docs in grad school but I haven't used it in a long while but I still think it could come in handy.  It makes it easier to collaborate and communicate with others and its more accessible than Microsoft Office. 

In terms of helping patrons I think the Google Docs and Google Scholar would help the most since I mainly work with children and teens.  I have teens that need help with research projects and finding reliable material for homework.  Google Scholar could help with homework while Google Docs would give them a new and free word processing alternative to Microsoft Office.  Since many of the teens I see do not have access to a computers at home it would easier for them to work on their papers/homework and save it on Google Docs while at the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment